My Little Kingdom

A day in the life of me and my kingdom. Thoughts of a mother of four amazing little boys, a wife of an incredible husband and a woman trying not to forget about herself.

July 29, 2006

A Day in the Life

The wanderers we’ve become. No place of our own. Cameron is right we’ve been on the road or abroad more than not this summer. And it’s not slowing down. As he is flying out on Friday back in on Sunday and right back out the following day. Along with a long list of speaking engagements and meetings that all require travel booked through the remainder of the year. So basically as we stand right now we are living in AR out of UT through various locations throughout the world.

I hardly get a moment on the computer, as mine is in storage until we find a home. And when I do get a moment I’m frantically scouring realtor.com or researching neighborhoods and schools.

So in this rare moment I’m going to forgo the house hunt and jot down some fun little tidbits from the past few weeks.

Sweets for the Sweet
Cameron is the milkshake man. After trial and error he has mastered the fine art of milkshake making. He has carefully calculated the delicate balance of ingredients that make up the exquisitely divine dessert. We have become accustomed to him spoiling us with his heavenly refreshment. One such evening upon Cameron announcing he would be making milkshakes. Everest asked if he could have a milkshake and a bowl of ice cream. His reasoning: “The milkshake is the drink and the ice cream is the food.”

The Inner Beast
After gulping down a cold glass of apple juice, Isaac’s tummy gurgled. He giggled with a grin and asked, “Did you hear that?, that’s my bee in my tummy!”

No Room for Rubber Necking
One evening we were all congregated in the same bathroom in front of the same mirror brushing teeth and getting ready for bed. Everest far on the inside trying to make his way out commented as he wiggled and squeezed his way through, “It’s like a car crash in here”.

Optimism of a 3yr Old
My heart ached for Isaac as we drove home from getting his cast put on. I told him how sorry I was and without hesitation and with great optimism he said, “It’s ok, mom.”, trying to reassure and comfort me. What a sweetheart.

Don’t Bust His Bubble!
We were trying to get all the boys gathered around for our evening scripture study. Earlier Cameron had impressed the boys with his gum blowing abilities. Edison was still fascinated and insisted his dad blow another one. While Cameron was insisting now was not the time. Isaac seeing his brothers’ disappointment came to the rescue. “I can, watch this!”, he exclaimed proudly. He then proceeded to blow the biggest spit bubble ever known to mankind.

1st Things 1st
For Isaac’s birthday he received a little superman action figure and a motorcyclist with a helmet among many other cool things. In no time he had the motorcycle helmet on superman and it remained there for sometime. You can never be too careful, even if you are a superhero. After all what kind of role model would he be if he didn’t set a good example. (Nice to see the safety lessons are sinking in.)


A Matter of Time.
We were wrapping up dinner when Isaac started asking for ice cream. I told him in a few minutes and he quietly disappeared. I looked up from the table to see him starring up over the stove at the clock. Very intensely was he studying it with fixated eyes and a furrowed brow. He then turned towards me, while pointing at the clock with one hand and his other positioned on his hip he informed me, “ That clock says I need an ice cream”.

Battle of Witts.
The boys were playing a guess what I’m thinking of game when it turned into competition. They were boasting about how hard they were thinking when I heard one say, “Well, I’m thinking so hard my brain is going to break”.

Road Trip.
The morning of our trip to Europe Edison comes in and asks “are you going to Adam’s and Londyn’s today?”. Adam and Londyn being neighbor friends we left in UT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment