My Little Kingdom

A day in the life of me and my kingdom. Thoughts of a mother of four amazing little boys, a wife of an incredible husband and a woman trying not to forget about herself.

November 24, 2004

Santa Uses the Bathroom

Since dragging out the boxes of ornaments and lights along with picking out a tree is a long time tradition for many on Thanksgiving I felt it appropriate to drag out this little fond memory along with the others boxed away this weekend.


To sum up last Christmas:
Our Christmas tree is stripped down to the nitty gritty. Luckily it's a beautiful tree all by itself. If the cat is not climbing up it the boys are throwing her in it. And when Senta (our late German Shepherd) comes in she's trying to get in there too. So it's been knocked down twice and that's when I decided to close the ornament E.R. for good and take the ornaments down. Before anymore were broken.

Everest and Edison are really into Christmas this year. Especially Everest all he wants are presents, presents and more presents. We draw tractors full of presents all day long. I think he believes Santa drives a dump truck instead of a sleigh. And I never knew there was a tractor song in amongst the Christmas carols. But there is. He showed it to me. Edison loves the Christmas music and dances and jumps with joy when he hears it. I take turns dancing the boys around the room to Harry Conick Jr.'s Christmas CD and to the Brass Symphony Christmas. Isaac just watches it all with a twinkle in his eye and smiles with delight as I twirl him around the room too. They all are enchanted with the lights and run from room to room when night falls. Not only to turn on our lights but to look out the windows at all the lights around the neighborhood. They won't let us go to bed without reading a scripture and putting a star on the advent calendar. Everest reminds us every evening. They dance with glee whenever a neighbor brings treats over and love even more dropping them off. When it snows the boys beg to go build snow tractors and dumptrucks and snow sharks. The tradition of snowmen has been abandoned in this generation. So we are having fun and it's a joy to watch them learn about Christ and the season. Their little spirits soak it up and are so enthused with the Christmas stories of Jesus. And of Santa too.

Which brings us to Santa:

Apparently Santa was here! Everest comes running out of the bathroom yelling, "Mom, mom look what I found in the bathroom, come look, hurry, hurry!" I knew right away what he had found behind boxes and dresses.

Quickly I whisked him up and said what is it? Did santa leave that? Luckily it was still mostly covered by the bag. Out we went and I locked the door. Later I snuck in and re-hid the presents. And later he noticed the door was open and went in to take another peek. But, they were mysteriously gone. He came to me puzzled. And I simply said, Santa must have come back to get them so he could wrap them and bring them back on Christmas. 'How'd he come in?', was the question on young Everest's mind. Crouched on the bathroom floor with my arm around him I pointed up. We both looked up at the crawl space door on the ceiling.

That seemed to be sufficient for his curiosity, at least for now. Later that night I was asking him questions about Christmas and Santa. I asked him what Santa drove: 'reindeer' he said. Well, where does he put the presents then: 'in the stockings' he said. Then how does he get in: 'Through the bathroom' he replies.

It seems a little weird leaving a plate of cookies and milk next to the toilet. But, then again Santa has needs too. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. Are you seriously going to be leaving cookies in the bathroom? :) That's pretty funny if you do. It will be an interesting story to tell them when they get older. Or you could invent some way to get him to think "Oh! That's how he actually got in here!". Do you have a fireplace? Leave a Santa hat or some other Santa item near the fireplace before he wakes up and later get him to notice it. Then act all surprised like Santa must have left it behind when he went back up the chimney. Just a thought. It sounds like a fun challenge.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. I forgot to sign that last comment. Sorry about that.

Ray (rayandamy.com)

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL!
Ya know, I appreciate Santa as mucha s the next guy, but the thought of him dropping off more than just presents is just a bit too much!!!! :D

- Jason G.
(jasonmgeorge.com)

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog. I have found another blog at bathroom trash.
You may also find it useful.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Rich said...

Great reaad thank you

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment