My Little Kingdom

A day in the life of me and my kingdom. Thoughts of a mother of four amazing little boys, a wife of an incredible husband and a woman trying not to forget about herself.

March 17, 2008

A Day in the Life

Turned Tables
One afternoon Everest was making a snack for him, his brothers and their friend. He was slicing apples when the phone rang on the counter next to him. He called out to me, “Can you get that? My hands are all juicy?” His friend started giggling, ‘you just asked your mom to get the phone’.

Modern Conveniences
Edison & Isaac were showing granny the new washer/dryer. When asked if they knew how to use it
they replied, “you put the oil in and push play”.

I Cannot Lie
Edison: I smell donuts
Everest: That’s my bum

Tech Support
Cameron closed his laptop, set it on the floor and ran upstairs for something.
Seconds later I entered the room to find Hudson laying on his side nose to nose with the computer. One little finger ever so carefully lifting it just enough to peer inside with one eye. He heard me and turned around.
Hudson: What? I’m not doing anything, I’m just checking to see if it’s not working.
Mom grinning.
Hudson: Go upstairs, don’t look at me.
(BTW Hudson is very tech savvy.)

Turning Back Time
Edison: Mom come here, I have to show you something, it’s really strange!
I follow him down stairs and Edison and Isaac are standing in the kitchen.
They exclaim simultaneously : “It’s going backwards, time is going backwards!
I was using the kitchen timer on the microwave for some St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes.
They exclaim simultaneously with jaws dropped, eyes bulged, a happy dance and a loud cheer.

Hudson’s Accent
De instead of the: Open de door.
Mine for my: Can’t find mine binky.
I bonked mine head on de door.

Being silly I asked Who likes peanut butter sandwiches?
Hudson: I do, I do, I always like peanut butter, ever since when I was born I liked them my whole life.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all even funnier if you consider Hudson is just two years old...

3:50 PM  
Blogger Kari Howell said...

I love your blog, you are such a great writer... and your boys are hilarious!!! I love the quotes, I wish I remembered to write them all down every day! Seriously, if you ever wanted extra $$, I can think of a great side job for you :)

7:49 PM  
Blogger Suzanne Moll said...

Yes, Hudson is only 2 and very tech savvy. A new breed this incoming generation is.

Thanks Kari, and yes I've toyed with ideas of writing for profit.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment