My Little Kingdom

A day in the life of me and my kingdom. Thoughts of a mother of four amazing little boys, a wife of an incredible husband and a woman trying not to forget about herself.

June 05, 2004

On My Own Again
Ok, so I'm on my own most of the day most of the time. However, whenever Cameron is gone in the evenings it's hard. By that time I'm worn out from the day's activities and the boys are just getting their second wind or is it their third, forth, no maybe it's their fifth... and they need daddy to wrestle with. Since becoming the president of the Young Men's organization of our church he's gone quite a bit more. Weekly meetings, scouting campouts, youth conferences.... This weekend is a youth conference, they've been camping and doing service projects and other fun things. I must admit there were a few times I had wished I could trade places. Then again watching over a three year old, a two year old and a one year old might not be so bad compared to a bunch of teenagers. Thankfully my sister-in-law twisted my arm into letting her take Edison for the night and to let Everest go to his grandparents. I kept Isaac. Once I put Isaac down to sleep I thought I'd work on some art. But, I couldn't get to my art table with all the boxes of stuff that needed to be put away or filed. I didn't want to waste the evening away watching TV. So, I cleaned and cleaned way into the night. And when I woke up this morning, or when Isaac woke me up this morning we cleaned together. He helped me organize the toy closet down stairs and the toys upstairs. It feels good. I can now walk into the office and actually sit at my art table, let alone see it. I'm not embarassed if someone goes upstairs, it's not toy mania. The kids can actually access toys from the closet again. Yes, that's what I did with all that time. But, now I can just relax and focus on having fun with the boys when they get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment