My Little Kingdom

A day in the life of me and my kingdom. Thoughts of a mother of four amazing little boys, a wife of an incredible husband and a woman trying not to forget about herself.

September 25, 2009

A DAY IN THE LIFE

RANDOMNESS
I walked into the bathroom to find Hudson rubbing deodorant all over his tummy.

DEBONAIR
The boys have three styles of hair: flat, pokey and spy hair.

CRAVINGS
Hudson wanting a snack asked me for some 'bagel butter' aka cream cheese.

KITCHEN HELP
Everest helping cut slices of cheese for sandwiches, carefully carved a half pipe out of the cheese block.

WHEN IN DOUBT
The boys love using my dishes to bug hunt. One afternoon they gathered a Tupperware full of ants for pets.
Isaac: look at Jack.
Mom: which ones Jack?
Isaac: they're all Jack

TRUE BEAUTY
Isaac(5yo) to Hudson(3yo): oh look how cute these ants are, aren't these ants cute?

WHO KNEW
Isaac while running across the grass at the city park slipped in a huge mud puddle. Quite unhappy he declared, “Great! now, I‘m going to smell like a gorilla. This is my worst day ever!”

VERSING
The boys love to watch football with their dad. He explained that the vs. means verses as in opponents or one team playing against another. They always ask who’s “versing” who and when playing together such as when the wii or chess they’ll say, “Wanna verse me?”

OK

Hudson came in from playing outside and announces, “I’m gonna put my flip flops on so my toesies don’t get cold.” and dashes back outside.

SLACKER
At the park one afternoon quite unexpectedly Isaac blurts out, “Push me woman, push me!” Apparently I was slacking off at swing duty.

FLUFF
That time of year when the cottony fluff that makes so many of us sneeze and wheeze was floating around in the sky, we were playing outside and it was quite heavy. Isaac delighted, shouts “look, pieces of the clouds are falling!”

NO DUMMY
Isaac not pleased with something I wouldn’t let him do packed his pillowcase and headed out the door. Over his shoulder he informs me “I’m staying outside for a few days but not for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.”

BIRTHDAY WISHES
In response to what he wanted for his 4th birthday Hudson replied, “A power miner thunder driller Lego set, Lego cake and meat.”

ROBBERS EAT TOO
Eating out at the Olive Garden while passing the time until the food came the boys tied their dark green napkins around their faces and pretended to be robbers. It was such a hit that they kept their disguises on while they ate, laughing and demonstrating “Look I’m a robber eating”.

MORE FLUFF
Every once in a while we’ll buy Grandma Sycamore’s White Bread. Isaac asked if we could get some and I said, “white bread makes you soft and fluffy” as I tickled him. He giggled and said, “I’m already soft and fluffy” (he’s really not, but it was cute to see him blush)

OUCH
Isaac: Mom you lived in the old fashioned. Dad lived when it was old fashioned so that means you did too.

REALITY
MoM: the perception of age changes with… well… age.


CALL EM LIKE YOU SEE EM
Mom to Hudson and Everest: I think you’re tired and he’s fiesty. And when tired and fiesty get together it’s a disaster.

OH REALLY
I received a call from school, Edison insisting his throat was too sore to stay. So I go and pick him up. Later upon walking into the room he exclaims, “I’m playing cause it’s just my throat, the rest of my body is ok”.

BODY GAURD
Hudson came running into the kitchen wedging himself in between me and the cupboards as he locks his arms around my legs. Everest taunting him from the other room, “Hudson, come and get me”. Hudson unable to resist, “I have to go get him, can you come with me?”

ENOUGH
After watching the movie KungFu Panda the boys liked to mimic one of the lines, “enough talk, lets fight”. So we heard all kinds of versions such as ‘enough work, let’s play’, ‘enough play lets sleep’ and ‘enough talk, let’s eat’… I overheard Everest telling his brothers that his teacher stepped out of the class and instructed everyone to quietly work on their assignment. While the class was chattering up a storm. He chimed up and instructed the class, “ enough talk, let’s write.”

WISDOM OF A 4 YEAR OLD
Hudson: You’re not the boss.
Mom: Sure I am.
Hudson: No. You’re not.
Mom: Then who is?
Hudson: Daddy
Mom: Oh yah? Why’s he the boss?
Hudson: He’s the tallest.
Mom: Well, then who am I if he’s the boss?
Hudson: The King. And the king tells the boss what to do.

PUTT A’ROUND
On my way out to some stores I commented to Cameron, I’m going to go putt around for a bit. Isaac overheard and blurts out, “I wanna go golfing with you!”

WORTH A SHOT
The boys will try anything for ice cream such as:
“I’m too skinny, I need something to put the chubbies on. Like ice cream...serious, I’m too skinny.”
or
“It’s hot out there, I need something cold… I know, ice cream... Really I’m sweating.”

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

those are so cute :) i especially like that you're the king!!!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Adrienne said...

Hi Suzanne,

You don't know me but I found you via your husband's blog that I follow. I'm writing regarding his post about the recent events and the diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes in your son. I just wanted to extend a hand of friendship to you as this will be a trying year for you and your family. I'm sure you are an amazing woman and mother and just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers. If you EVER need someone to talk to about the challenges faced with parenting a diabetic (or the blessings associated with it too ;) you can email or call me ANYTIME day or night. Although challenging, you will get through this phase and your child will has as normal life as any of his other brothers. Good luck with everything and don't hesitate to contact me if you need someone who's going through it too as a mother!

Love and hugs,
Adrienne
Twitter @DingbatPress
info ({at)} dingbatpress dot com

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment